|Thing #208 I swore the Kids would never do: Get Toys without earning them for good behavior....||.LOL|
My husband and I have been blessed to be the first children in our families to have children, the only cousins in our age range who have children and the only couple in our original friends groups with children. With that being said we have heard our fair share of "I would never let my kid do....." or "When I have kids I will never......" I laugh on the inside every time....
So here we go.... The official List of Things I SWORE my kids would never do:
1. My kid is never going to be a video Zombie when we go out to eat, they should just eat and behave. Kids don't need technology, they need discipline.
- BAHAHAHAHA. If it were not for technology we could never go out to eat. So use the Ipad kid, don't forget to take a bite of your chicken.
2. My children will clean their plates of the food I give them, even if it takes hours.
- "Ok take two more bites.....ok one more bite. Just, just , just don't ask me for food later when you are hungry" I don't have hours to sit and wait for the child to eat. Honestly I will just pop an extra vitamin in him tomorrow.
3. My Children will NEVER be Rude.
- "Hey Lady! I NEED SOME MORE APPLE JUICE" ----said the child, loudly, while standing on a chair, when he finally decided to look up from his Ipad
4. My kids will never watch TV, especially not before the age of 2.
- This morning, tears of Joy streamed down my cheeks when I heard that SPROUT was now available Cablevision....... that's as far as I have to go. You can figure out my stance on TV now.
5. My daughter will Never look like a Slob, shes a girl, she needs to look like one.
- I have come to realize that her lopsided pony tale and chocolate covered face can bring equal, if not greater joy to my heart then when shes all prim and proper....why?....because she was probably doing something super fun to get into such disarray.
6. My children will not be in diapers past 2
- Well, Frankie's issues are different, and the fact that he is still in diapers at 4.5 is not uncommon, but still it's there. That being said, my typical 2.5 year old is still rocking diapers too. I swore I would have this under control, that the diapers would be a thing of the past but.....yea the best laid plans...
7. My kids will not eat in the car
- If you were to go into my mini van I'm sure you could find remnants of pirates booty in most of the crevices. Last week on our drive to Pennsylvania the kids got hungry so in a moment of insanity I threw an entire bag of pirates booty into the back seat and said have a good time......messy!
8. My kids will never run around peoples houses/ parties in a wild manner
- I've counted the laps they can do around a grand piano....and cheered them on
9. My kids will never be the trouble maker
- 5/2/13 "Your son bit another child AGAIN today".....Friggen brilliant, my kids the biter
10. My kids will not sleep in my bed
- Out of 3 kids I have only ONE that prefers to sleep alone....and when I say alone I mean alone on the couch, NOT her b
ed. It took 3 years go get my son in his bed all night every night and with a still nursing 9 month old in the bed, it looks like he will follow the same path. I have THREE kids....mama needs her damn sleep...even if its with a foot in my face.
Feel Free to add some of your own in the comments, I tend to forget things......
LOOK for a Part 2 Coming SOON!