Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our Other Home....needs some help

I haven't blogged in a while, tons going on, Christmas fast approaching.  Things have been Status Quo in Autism World, same Frankie, same funny things, great strides as well!  But today I am stepping back from Autism for a second and talking about another part of my life, a part that is important and a part that could use some help and defiantly some prayer!


Once upon a time I wandered aimlessly still having some faith in God, yet none in organized religion.  I had once been depressed and at the end of my rope and when looking for help in the religion I was raised in I was met with blank stares and not much help, told confessing my sins would help maybe, if not maybe I should pray more.  In desperation I began googling churches in my area, all I wanted was a non- denominational church, something, anything.  To say I was confused is an understatement, then without fail an old friend from High School told me about this Church she and her fiance were attending and how i should go......That Church was Center Point.


I was going to go one weekend, she wasn't going to be able to go that weekend.....I drove past the building, scared out of my mind.....i went to have Coffee instead.  I was so worried about what people would think of me, I wondered if i would do church "right" those fears kept me out till the next week when my friend would be there.


Long story short, going to Church that day changed my life.  My now husband and I had been "on a break" when he said to me....."i want to go to that church with you"......He hadn't stepped foot in a church in 5 years.  It was Center Point that brought us back together, it was Center Point that grew my faith , it was at Center point I got married and dedicated my children.  Even now that it gets difficult for me to get to Church since Frank is working six days a week , Sunday being one of them, Center Point still reaches me with the online videos we can watch to feel connected with our Church even after a few weeks absence.

It is at Center Point I know if I am really in need there will be someone to help.  There is always a listening ear and a helpful hand.  Even recently two mothers have started a "parents of special needs" group that meets on Tuesdays.  It is programs and groups like that, that help so many and we hope to reach more.

We have recently outgrown our home.....a home that I will be so sad to leave, but we just don't fit anymore.  We had been looking into purchasing the building we are in regardless of the size limitations....that is until an opportunity for a new home.....about 10x the size of our current location popped up.  Its more centrally located in Massapequa NY and we would be able to reach so many more people and help those, like me 6 years ago, find their way and find a home Church.

So what I need from my fellow friend is Prayers.....prayer, prayers, prayers and more prayers.  Tears come to my eyes thinking of the potential of this place and the great things that can be done for Long Islands South shore.  By the end of January 2012, we have to have $250,000 for a down payment.  We are asking our church family to pray and give as much as they can to help us achieve this goal.  As my blog followers I am first just asking you to Pray for us (if you pray that is :) )  and spread the word for us if you are in the Long Island area.  Below I will add two links, one to the Church page and another to the donation page if you feel that you would like to give toward our cause.  All donations go straight to Center Point Church Building Fund, nothing crosses my hands.

I know this was a little different then normal, but I would jut love to be able to get as many prayers and as much help as we can!

Church Site:


Donation to Building Fund:


Again, I thank you so much for letting me post this and for any help you are able to offer!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog. I have an Aspie son who is 8. Your family is beautiful!! Baby Diva is breathtaking! I looked at the pictures and was stopped cold by the one with the cars on the steps. That goes on in our house too! I can't wait to read more of your blog. I will pray for the future of your church! God bless! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Prayers, we sure need it! Ahhh the lined up cars! He would spend hours lining up cars and trains and running past them. I had no idea back then that it was a sign of a spectrum disorder.....now it all makes sense. I have been away from the blog lately, with Christmas coming up i hve ben busy busy lol. I am also on Facebook, I'm over there more just posting comments here and there, checking in :)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Neurotypical-Mom/209902699046125

    ReplyDelete