Thursday, February 28, 2013

I am not a Doctor.....

 
 
Quick....To answer questions.  I was advised by a Doctor to give the children Melatonin, over a year ago for Frankie actually.  I put it off for a year because I didn't want to mess with his body.

That being said, after the last few months, where my son has been exhausted, struggling to get up in the morning, go to bed at night, looking like hes 50 because of the bags under his eyes, his behaviors are insanely over the top due to being overtired, I had to try it. 

Called school today, they said he is having a great day.  He woke up on his own this morning with his sister and they played before school and had breakfast with no tears.

Will Melatonin be forever, hopefully not, but until my kids are on a regular sleep cycle again, this is how it will go.
IF you think your child might benefit from using Melatonin PLEASE speak to a doctor first to get correct dosages etc.  Try to stay away from Dr. Google.  I have read so many conflicting thing on the Internet, remember just because its on the Internet doesn't mean its true.  
 I will keep you updated on how things are going, if the more regulated sleep makes for happier kids.  I know my daughter is less moody at least!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment