Monday, October 3, 2011

Yo Gabba Gabba and a splash of Celiacs

Saturday we went to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live with Meema (my stepmom) and a couple friends. My sister is interning at the local sports/entertainment venue in our area and got us all tickets. If you can imagine, Yo Gabba Gabba in concert was a little over stimulating. I usually avoid those sorts of things for fear of him being overly stimulated, but all in all it went ok. I had a stupid emotional moment where I actually got tears in my eye because my son was sitting and watching the show and not crying. Had this been a year or so ago, things like this would make him cry. On the flip side it hurts my insides because he doesn't act like the other kids, he doesn't dance much, he just sat there in awe chewing his shirt......non stop shirt chewing. I'm not sure if it was because of the stimulation that he was doing it, but he soaked a shirt.

Later on that night I checked my voicemails, and to my dismay had missed two calls from the pediatrician. Some blood work had come back, and to our surprise, Frankie hit 3 out of 4 markers positive for Celiacs disease. I would have never thought it, I mean his poop was hard now since we started Diflucan so, how can Gluten be effecting him? I'm not doctor but I can guess gluten and yeast are friends so, maybe temporarily killing one can help the other. Well we have a GI pediatrician appointment next week. Till then I continue feeding him the same things.

No comments:

Post a Comment