Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nightmares

Oh man.....this will be quick post, but i had to share.  Little girl has been sick on and off for 2 weeks.  The minute they said Ear infection I freaked.....this is how it started with Frankie.  Frankie was 9 months old when he started constantly getting sick, at least Lia is 14 months old.

My mind is playing tricks on me, I am having anxiety, I keep thinking something is wrong with her.  I ave a gut wrenching fear of her falling into Autism too, it cant take the girl too, they say girls have a lesser chance right.  The doctor says he doesn't have any kids who has ASD with sisters with it.   Truth is, it is all in my head, its an irrational fear at this point.  She's hitting milestones, she has eye contact, she tries to talk.....I'm just irrational.

Knowing this, I still went to sleep last night and had a regression nightmare.  Ugh, i dreamed she didn't wave anymore, she didn't talk, I relived Frankie's whole toddler hood but it was Lia.  When she gets better and hits 15 months I might just get her evaluated to calm my nerves.....and then even if there was concern they can start super early.

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand where your coming from. I am dealing with the same thing. I agonize and over-analyse everything. I am so afraid of missing it. I missed it with Sammy for a long time. I buried my head in the sand and got blind sided. I can't do that again. I even wrote about it http://you-leave-me-breadless.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-only-fear.html

    I guess my point was that you aren't alone (not that you thought you were)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i am not alone, but i think that people think im crazy or over protective. im hypervigilant about her development and people keep saying she is fine.....but people said Frankie was fine too :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes people always said "hes fine, just young for his age,boys take longer to mature.It will come, maybe hes just shy.hes working on physical development" yadda yadda yadda. yes I know people think I am nuts. they tell...often.

    ReplyDelete